Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A small peek at the BS I deal with on the daily.

This all started with a email I got from his person promising placement on a digital def jam mixtape if I gave them $100. Apparently the %60 proceeds are suppose to be split between me and every other artist on the mixtape.

#1. Its like 20 something artist on a mixtape trynna split %60...the fuck I look like paying you $100 to make pennies?

#2. The artist aren't screened. So any artist with $100 can get on the mixtape. I could be at the end of a 20 song wack artist compilation.

#3. I do these same type of deals for E1 so why would I pay you for something I already got? Just so you can put the def jam logo on the same shit? The days of buying something just cuz it says "def jam" are over. Word to Lil Ru lmao (the def jam artist who sold no more than 1,700 copies his 1st week a year or so ago).

Anyway. Here is the convo we had via gtalk after I asked him in an email "How do I verify this is real? Have you put out any projects like this already?". And yes, he started the conversation off with "lol".

Participants:
-------------
Contro Versy, elevatedsolutions@gmail.com

Messages:
---------
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: lol
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: bro
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: go do your homework
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: call stone star or iceman
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: lol
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: www.itsmyurls.com/elevatedscott
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: or www.itsmyurls.com/globalmixtapes
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com signed in.

Contro Versy: It was a business question. I get these emails all day from "E1" and "Sony" and "Universal" and ask them all the same thing and they end up being scams. Not say yours is but protocol is protocol. Why are you laughing? Because I asked for proof before I just send out money? I'm not Ice or Stone. I'm the business man. You provided me with a bunch of social networking and blogs turned into sites. Can you provide anything showing a def jam release project like what your talking about in the email and not a just mixtape

elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: im not interested in working with u
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: go google me clown
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: call island def jam
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: loser
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: i rem u
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: we did not even no u
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: i worked with stone starr
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: and Dipsetwest
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: bf u were even aroudn homie
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: check urself
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: and do ur homework
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: on myself and the project
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: but for your smart mouth
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: u miss this opporunity
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: fucking moron
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: google elevated scott

Contro Versy: *deep sigh* this is how you handle business? Because I asked for proof? And for your info, I've been around since the day after the press release announcing Dipset West. All you had to do was answer the question instead of acting immature and butt hurt. The reason I'm the one on this gtalk and email is because I handle things like this. I'm sure Iceman and the rest will agree when I forward this to them that we aren't missing anything here. Peace and learn how to come correct at the business man. You'll get further that way. Have pumping that weak excuse for "oppurtinity" and hope you find enough dumb rappers. A year from now let's see whose where

elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: you stupid fuck read the attachments
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: you will see what is going on
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: lol
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: go sell drugs u prob beter at that
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com: clown ass fagget
elevatedsolutions@gmail.com signed out.

After this I realized this was the same person we fired in 2009 lmao. I think I handled it well. What do you think?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U did good. Didn't fall n that immature stuff.