Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Watch

I'm not some one who walks around with alot of jewelry for a couple reasons
1. I can't afford a bunch of real jewelry
2. I refuse to walk around with fake shit
3. That's just not what I'm about

I could've invested into more jewelry instead of buying $500 turntables or a $800 mpc or $200 on a guitar and amp but I didn't...so sue me

Anyway, I did eventually get myself a watch. It took me months of lay a way to pay for it but I got it. Its rose gold and the face is covered in diamonds. Its sick lol. I could easily pay your rent for the whole summer or a year or 2 if you on section 8 lmao. I can't eat with it on, thats how heavy it is. I can't sleep with it on either. I don't even think I can run right if I have it on. But for some reason I feel more like a rapper when I have it on. Sometimes it feels like it completes an outfit or that people pay more attention when I have it on. Its like "hey, whose that guy....I don't know but he must be getting money, look at his watch". Its weird. I guess because you see every rapper on tv with loads of jewelry (some in their first video ever)that you feel like you doing something wrong unless you ICEY too. So when I put it on, I feel a step close to "those guys"....not sure if that's a good or bad thing

BUT we live in a recession and I do live in the hood so I never wear my watch in public without my knife on my belt. I reach for it if I even feel like its being looked at too hard. I know you're probably thinking "then why even wear it at all?". Its because it was a gift to myself. At the time, I needed something for myself. I was working 2 or 3 jobs and trynna do music and start a business. I needed to reward myself. And it adds to my stage visual. I try to look my best on stage because those people may never see you again. You only get one 1st impression.

Since buying the watch, I'm addicted to rose gold. I've found myself writing about jewelry in my rhymes a couple times and I've been pricing a couple pieces. I don't know why because I don't have the funds to buy anything lol. The cool thing tho is when times gets hard and I need gas money or my son needs pull ups or my girl needs something, I can take my watch to the pawn shop and get a loan lol. A loan, never pawn. That also lets you know the shit is real, cuz they won't take it if its fake.

Rose Gold sits on my wrist//Nigga Ill shit on you and your bitch!//

No comments: