Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baggage

So people who have actually been around me know that I always have my back pack on. I take it to work, shows, meetings, etc. My whole life is in there. Years worth of rhymes, beat cds I've collected over the years, show mix cds for performances, 3 cell phones I'll never use again, hip hop magazines, my music biz notes and just a lot of junk. That being said, I wanted to talk about baggage. Both physical and emotional.

PHYSICALLY: I used to use my back pack to hide a lot of secrets. Cell phone my girl didn't know about, shit like that. I don't look as professional wheb I'm out in public with it on. Makes my suit look less like a suit...if that makes sense. I look like the epitome of a back pack rapper lol. In high school my bag was so heavy, the nurse said I had "back pack-itis". I'm trynna down size. I took out all the rhymes. No more hidden cell phones. No more magazines. Just work related items. Bout to get a better looking bag too. Like a louie. They have better men designs than gucci. Trynna get on my grown man lol.

EMOTIONAL: I have a lot of emotional baggage...whether I realize it or not. I've been through a lot in my life that I haven't dealt with. Not that I'm avoiding it. I just don't know how. A lot of shit I thought was normal gorwing up I found out isn't. I'm getting better at this daily. I feel lighter after every issue I deal with. We as people carry a lot of baggage and it either 1) Ruins relationships because we unload on the people we love without then asking or 2) Carry it til it kills us internally and we end up no good to anyone anyway. Let that shit go. Stop holding all that shit and letting it weigh you down.

I've officially gotten rid of both kinds of baggage. You see me with my back pack less and less. That brings less emotional baggage cuz I'm not hiding extra cell phones and shit like that from my girl. I feel lighter. There is a lot more you can do when you not carrying a big ass back pack around lol. Still gonna get the louie back pack tho. Gotta be fly wit it. And it will only carry the essentials.

Best way to get rid of emotional/physical baggage is sorting out what you need in your life and leaving behind what you don't. Travel light.
Peace
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments: