Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Life I Lead


I'm writing this from my blackberry, its 6 something in the morning. I'm tired and on my way home. I'm running off power naps. Imma be in the house for a couple hours and then head out to do it all again. This is just the life I lead.

People assume the music business is all bitches, bling, big stacks of money and bottle popping. You couldn't be more wrong.my day consists of emails, phone calls, meetings, studio, building with dj's, online promo and constantly coming up with fresh ideas. I honestly work til I just fall asleep at the computer. Man, I get them super power naps on the couch at the studio lol.

The reason a lot of these artist don't make it is because their mind isn't wired for the music business. They think mixtapes will get them discovered. Couldn't be more wrong. I'm sitting here now thinking about radio promo, ringtones, BET quality music videos, singles, t shirt line, endorsements, touring.

I used to want to be famous. Now I just want to make money. I just want my family to live better than I did. If fame happens then so be it. I would love to just be at home with the misses and kids and just doing the family thing but not gonna happen. Not when there is school fees, bills, rent, new engine needed for the car, clothes, shoes, child support. A nigga got expenses lol.

I don't have time to hang out. I aint seen my friends in years. They know what it is tho. I'm one call away. I missed my daughters 1st birthday and baptism because I had a show. Still super dad tho lol.

But I honestly wouldn't trade this for anything in the world. I love being busy. Means money is coming. I can smell it lol.

I'm off. Gotta long as day ahead of me. Peace ya'll.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments: